Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Beautifully Wrapped Fashion Show


At my beloved Spelman College the Atlanta University Center Muslim Student Association put on a presentation and Fashion Show curated by Zarinah El-Amin Naeem. It was an event based on the Beautifully Wrapped calendar. It was a modest fashion show that show cased the beauty of the ethnic head dress.

  Purchasable at www.Niyah.net
Most of the models recieved Henna tattoos on our hands since it was the most exposed parts of our bodies.
Some of the looks were for casual day to day wear while others were more dressy options. For instance the Dress in the upper left was made to wear at a wedding. 

This was my dressy outfit. That all the models wanted to take home with them. 
This is my head wrap for the promotional video of the Show (which I was the majority feature of lol). 
Check it out


My first outfit before heading out onto the runway. 
 These are some of the pieces from the more extravagant line featured in the show. The pink against the black was a very vibrant color. It stood out so beautifully without being loud. These outfits were compliments of each other in the line. They looked great on the runway together side by side.
 I had so much fun with each model in this show. I made a lot of friends and connections from the time we spent together. It was a great experience and I'm so glad that I was a part of it. It gets me excited to be in other shows this year and the years to come.! 

No comments:

Post a Comment