Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bright, Bold, Beautiful

I love the rich hues of these colors right next to each other. The saturation of the blue and the red not only do not drown each other out, but they give life to one another.  Here I wear a very cheap chic outfit. Read the captions of the pictures to see how. Click on the links in the post for similar looks.

This look was inspired by seeing a picture on Instagram when I first created my account (@Houstonscott) of Jennifer Hudson wearing a Turquoise shirt and Fire red skirt. The contrast of color was so seductive I can still see it clearly in my mind.  I was so shocked at the unusual but beautiful color combination and knew I had to try it. 
I am a very colorful person when it comes to my wardrobe anyways so why not just take it there!

Bright and Bold is better than being Dull and Cold.
Jewelry 
The Sheer skirt is from Shasa (12$)  but various colors of this same style can be found at Forever 21 for under 20$.
Floral prints are still in for this year! They covered the runway in previous years and 2013.
Shirt thrifted from Goodwill. (a few dollars)
Shades Courtesy of: Matthew Garrett 
The black belt cinches in the waist and provides smoother transition from bold color, to bold color.
I got these heels for 20$ on the clearance rack at a store called Shi by Journey's. 


I love this purse I got from Target a few years ago for cheap (under 20$).
I found a floral Laptop Tote at Target that I would love to carry to classes (30$).







Green ring to accent the green on the heels (Forever 21).
Forever 21's rings and earrings are very reasonably priced.
Bright Red lipstick was a powerful match to the blouse.
Pearl necklace and my flower earrings from Forever 21. 

Feel Free to leave a comment.
XOXO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment