Thursday, April 4, 2013

Back to the Future

As we all know fashion recycles it's self through out history. What once looked old will be new again. The platform shoes, the high waisted bottoms, the gloves, and the Pearls and Scarfs of elegance are all coming back around. As a fashion leader I'm encouraging you to be early adopters so that you don't fall behind and become fashion followers. In today's era the majority of people are into individualistic looks instead of maintaining group identities when it comes to fashion. In order to be innovative you have to be ahead of your time. And I've found that sometimes the best way to know how to move forward, is to look back.


This retro dramatic look was inspired by my 50's photo shoot I did for my school, Spelman College, for my feature in the distinguished Sophomore's Magazine publication coming soon. I was so honored for being chosen to be featured for my fashion journalism and commitment to the resurrection of the TigerSharks Swim Team at Morehouse and my leadership role on the team. I'll upload those pictures as soon as they are released (tomorrow evening).



For the photo shoot I wore this color dress with low black heels, nude stockings, the gloves and pearls, scarf tied in a knot at my neck and the glasses. 


                                                                   The Accessories:) 
 I wrapped a pearl necklace around my wrists several times to make a longer, bigger bracelet. 
 My Emerald Green Ring is very similar to the green in my scarf.


 The Gloves were thrifted from my mother's closet. 
 The 3 strand pearl necklace is authentic vintage. All of my pearls are my grandmother's.

The Turquoise Jeffrey Campbell Style Chunky Heels 
Colors: Magical Magenta, Cool Mint, Radiant Turquoise, Flame Orange, Robust Red, and Rainforest Green
 Modernized! When the Gloves Come off...

 The Magical Magenta skirt was thrifted from Goodwill on Northside Drive in Atlanta Georgia for approximately 4-6$.


The coral and white belt was taken off another dress. These colors tie in with the orange and white in the scarf.
 I bought this Scarf at a Marshall's in Cumberland Mall area of Georgia for about 12$. When in an expensive mall area never forget to go to the off price retailers around the Mall. They always have a better selection than the off price stores farther away from the over priced stores. They usually have the same items for less. Its a win win situation. You get the same items for less and you have a better selection! How could you pass by that opportunity?!

Don't be afraid to be Retro Fabulous!
XOXO 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I saw you on BLACKFASHION and deservedly so! You look Amazing x
    Check out my new blog: jewelheritageblog.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thank you Lae! :) ok I will check it out!

      Delete