Monday, November 25, 2013

SpelHouse Homecoming 2013 Outfits

Homecoming is an occasion where all willing participants dressed their best. I, of course, see this as an opportunity to really display my style to the best of my ability. Funds for me personally were a little tight, so I got creative! 

Keep reading and see the week's outfit choices, experiences, and famous actors that were spotted as a surprise:)



This was my outfit for the Clark Atlanta University's Homecoming Fashion Show (Spelhouse didn't have one this year). Post on the show coming soon!

I wore H&M blazer, white camisole, DIY studded shorts (in the diy section of my site) and high Izabel black boots.
The SpelHouse Homecoming Hip-Hop Concert included artists: B.O.B., Rich Homie Quan, Migos, K Camp, Trinidad James
I wore: Steve Madden Gold and Black AREAA Heels, Black Tube Dress and Cream and Gold Jacket from Know Style in Cumberland Mall in ATL.

I had my hair pulled up in a bun with a blue chiffon scarf tied as a headband for a pop of color with the classic black and white.


I matched my gold accessories with the zipper details of my jacket


I had a slight change of scenery (unexpectedly) during homecoming this year. I was flown to DC to the Executive Leadership Council's Scholarship Recognition Gala. I was a recipient of the Ann Fudge Scholarship this year. I spent a few days with fellow scholars from other schools (and four other Spelmanites) in a very enriching, informative and motivational series of events which included: historical site visits, panel discussions, dinners, receptions, and Candid Q&A's with some of the country's leading CEOs (and a light shopping excursion). I really bonded with these people and left with a renewed sense of direction. 

My "business casual and business professional" is a little different than most. I like to represent the fashion industry no matter what:)
RED, WHITE AND BLUE
Le Suit Coat, white shirt and jeans and black Aldo Snake Skin pumps, with matching red scarf and bag. 
This unconventional business professional outfit solidified to me the points that I have to: stand out, represent my brand, stand firm against ridicule, not to worry about others perceptions, and to be true to myself.
  
I met and talked to Luxury Designer and Creator of Espion, who has a beautiful soul (soon to interview).
 This outfit was for my onstage appearance at the Gala Hosted by Gabrielle Union. 
 My vintage velvet dress, burberry patterned scarf, and magazine purse combination was a hit!

On the red carpet we took pictures with individuals such as Judy Smith, Fonzworth Bentley, Jazzy Jeff, Gabrielle Union, Gale King and more. 

As you all should know, SpelHouse attracts all sorts of stars and influentials to the AUC. Here are some of the actors I spotted at the Tailgate.

 Matthew Goodman From Tv Show College Hill,
the movie Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming,
and reality show Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too
Tyler Lepley from Tyler Perry's Soap Opera: 
The Haves and Have Nots
and movie: Baggage Claim 

At tailgate I wore: a Maroon Dress from Forever 21, a beanie from SpelHouse Homecoming 2012,
Denim and Faux Leather jacket from Shasa, Poppy Sequin bag from Coach,  patterned tights and studded black boots. 
My best friends and I

I had an amazing SpelHouse Homecoming again this year. I can't wait until I come back next year as an alumnae. 

XOXO

Don't Forget to Subscribe Under Houston's Spel



2 comments:

  1. You look so god with the turbans on !!

    http://afrogenik.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete